Laser & IPL treatments
IPL is a non-invasive medical procedure used by cosmetic and medical practitioners to perform various skin treatments for aesthetic and therapeutic uses including hair removal, photo rejuvenation, anti-acne, anti-pigmentation, spider veins removing, skin tightening, and treatment of dermatologic diseases.
- Freckles – Small flat circular marks, usually uniform in colour and appearing in multiples. Possibly genetic or have developed randomly due to sun exposure; more common on people with fair complexions. Some freckles change with the seasons, i.e. fade in winter.
- ‘Liver’ or Age Spots – Larger and darker flat brown spots on face and hands, also known assolar lentigo (or lentigines). In the past these would appear most often around middle age, but now lentigines appear in younger people due to overexposure to the sun.
- Moles – Usually small dark brown spots, but come in a range of colours, sizes and types. Moles, or nevi, occur when pigmented cells grow in clusters. They tend to appear with sun exposure and pregnancy; and are also dependant on your genetics and skin type.
- Melasma – Brown or tan patches of hyperpigmentation found on the face, mainly in women of childbearing age. Possibly related to sun exposure, certain medications, genetics and/or hormonal changes. If occurring during pregnancy, melasma is also known as “the mask of pregnancy”.
- Actinic Keratosis – Scaly, thickened and/or warty lesion on the skin, either brown or reddish in colour. Appearing on sun damaged skin, it can be one of the early signs of skin cancer.
Treatment depends on the type of brown spot. Generally speaking, if the pigment is near the surface of the skin (epidermal) it is usually easier to remove than pigment that is deeper in the skin.
The recommended approach will depend on the extent of the hyperpigmentation and your skin type.
Brown spot treatments include:
- Chemical peels
- IPL Photorejuvenation
- Laser therapy – Pixel CO2
- Excision – usually for mole removal only
- Skin care products and cosmetics
Lately our clinic has been performing an increased number of IPL treatments on sun damaged areas such as the face and décolleté, in order to reduce sun spots and dilated blood vessels, and create a more even-toned and textured complexion. Hand rejuvenation treatments combining IPL and dermal filler injections have also increased, as patients begin to recognize that hands can also greatly benefit from anti-aging techniques.
The appearance of acne outbreaks can be embarrassing and can negatively impact your self-confidence. Anything from a minor outbreak involving only a few pimples before an important event, or a more severe case where painful cysts have developed, acne can adversely affect your emotional and psychological well-being. In addition to the embarrassment of acne outbreaks, more complicated cases can be quite painful and lead to acne scarring.
BOOK YOUR APPOINTMENT
Contact us and we will be happy to assist you!